Student Information

Student Information

DTC Training professional training is delivered by instructors with vast experience and current knowledge of the industry. We’ve gained a reputation for quality service all across New South Wales, including Orange, Dubbo, Bathurst, Moree, Narrabri and more. 

As a valued student of DTC Training, you will find the following student links useful during your time with us.


Our most frequently asked questions

Student handbook

Access your student handbook here

Unique Student Identifier (USI)

Official Unique Student Identifier website

Smart and Skilled

Information on government subsidised and funded training


We are training under revised conditions. Please wash your hands, social distance, & do not attend courses if unwell or if you have any cold/flu symptoms

Complaints and Appeals

How to lodge a complaint / appeal with DTC

Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)

Already have experience? RPL your skills with our industry experts.

Verification of Competency

Demonstrate your skills with our industry experts.

Our Courses

Visit our training page here

Contact Us

Visit our contact page here

Refund Request Form

Information relating to the DTC Training refund procedure

100 Points of ID

Download the checklist here


Like / follow us on Facebook

Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) or Verification of Competency (VOC)


Before you operate any heavy machinery on a work site, you may be required to provide evidence of your national qualifications.

If you already have experience operating heavy machinery in the resources and infrastructure industry but don’t hold the national qualification, talk to us about Recognised Prior Learning of your skills by one of our industry experts.

On successful completion of the Recognised Prior Learning assessment process you will receive a Statement of Attainment and Wallet Card for that nationally recognised unit. Keep your Wallet Card with you as evidence of competency in the operation of civil construction machinery.

Contact us for additional information and to complete an enrollment form to determine if you are an eligible RPL candidate.


Before you operate any heavy machinery on a work site, you may be required to provide evidence of your operating ability.

If you already have experience in operating heavy machinery in the resources and infrastructure industry, talk to us about having your skills verified by one of our industry experts.

Contact us for additional information. Use our machines located in Dubbo or we will come to you on site.

plant machinery

Frequently Asked Questions

A USI - Unique Student Identifier is a reference number that creates an online record of your training and qualifications attained in Australia.

A USI is for life! You only have to create it once. Follow this link to the Australian Government USI website to create or find your.

Nationally recognised training is any programme of training leading to vocational qualifications and credentials that are recognised across Australia.

Only Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) can deliver nationally recognised training and issue nationally recognised qualifications or statements of attainment.

Nationally recognised training can be identified with this logo:

nationally recognised training logo

Yes. This is a High-Risk Work (HRW) Licence which expires every five (5) years. You can renew your Licence at any Austral Post outlet, fees apply. For further details ring 13 10 50 or follow this link to Safework NSW website

You must renew your HRW Licence within 12 months of its expiry otherwise your Licence can’t be renewed, and you will need to enrol with an RTO and re-do the Forklift Course to apply for your Licence.

High risk work licences are valid for five years and recognised nationally: you can work in any state or territory if you have a current HRW licence.

And remember, you need to keep your licence available for inspection.

If the date of issue on your Card is more than 2 years ago and you have continued to carry out construction work over the past two years, it is still current.

Your white card will become void and you'll have to retrain if you haven't done any construction work within 2 years of your training.

From 1 July 2020 it is mandatory that all workers are trained before conducting traffic control work on or adjacent to public roads. Existing RMS Photo Cards will be recognised as meeting this requirement until expiry date when you can apply to SafeWork NSW to renew your cards. The renewal process must be done on line at:
Renewing your Card with SafeWork NSW does not provide you with any training and you may not have the necessary skills to carry out all aspects of traffic control work such as positioning, setting up and programming portable traffic control devices. By law, Employers cannot allow you to carry out this work and face significant penalties if they do. Complete our 1-day Upgrade Course to bring your skills up to date with the use of portable traffic control devices.

No, Your Card is valid only in NSW. For further information go to:

It is current industry best practice that you renew and refresh your card every two years.

Card Type: White Card

Regulator: SafeWork NSW

Contact: Ph: 131050 or replace on line at

Card Type: Traffic Control Work Training Card

Regulator: SafeWork NSW

Contact: Ph: 131050 or replace on line at

Card Type: HRW Licence (Forklift (LF), EWP (WP))

Regulator: SafeWork NSW

Contact: Ph: 131050 or replace on line at

SafeWork NSW code of practice recommends first aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills and to confirm their competence to provide first aid. Refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually and first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years.
First aiders may also need to undertake additional first aid training to respond to specific situations at their workplace. For example, where workers have severe allergies, first aiders should be trained to respond to anaphylaxis if this topic has not been covered in previous first aid training.

While Safe Working at Heights certificates do not show a validity period, it is the view of the Working At Heights Association (WAHA) that certification should be no more than 2 years old as refresher training and familiarisation with new equipment and techniques is essential in this high risk activity. 

WAHA was established in 2009 in response to the industry’s demand for a peak body to provide information and support for businesses needing to address working at height issues.

Contact Us
For Smart and Skilled enquiries, please include your Location, Employment Status, and Age

Contact Us

DTC Training offers professional training, traffic control and other civil construction services. See why we’ve gained a reputation for quality service all across New South Wales, including Orange, Dubbo, Bathurst, Moree, Narrabri and more. Call us today.

Subscribe to the Training Toolbox Newsletter.

For the latest information in training opportunities, FEE-FREE places, and breaking news!