Traffic Controller (TCR)
Nationally Recognised Training delivered by industry experts for people wanting to control traffic with a stop/slow bat. SafeWork NSW approved training.
Skilling For Recovery. For a limited time this course qualifies for FEE-FREE enrolment for eligible candidates
Eligibility requirements include: Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen, lives or works NSW, no longer at school AND
17-24 regardless of your employment status OR unemployed OR at risk of becoming unemployed.
If you meet these basic criteria, or you would like to discuss your circumstances in more detail, DO NOT book below. Instead, contact us at DTC Training so we can confirm your eligibility and send you the required enrolment information. Click here for our contact details.
Your learning will include:
Your learning outcomes will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to:
- Stop/direct road users using a stop/slow bat and understand stopping sight distances
- Monitor traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic signs according to traffic management plans and traffic guidance schemes
- Maintain traffic incident reports
- Understand the Traffic Guidance Schemes (TGSs) for the site
- Assess and respond to changes in the environment, for example traffic volumes, weather conditions, road conditions, Work Health and Safety (WHS) and operational requirements
- Carry out risk assessments for personal safety
- Participate in toolbox talks (specific to traffic control)
- Use communication methods and devices
- Conform to traffic control policy and procedures
This course is commonly delivered as part of the Combo Traffic Control Course. For upcoming dates, click the button below.
SafeWork NSW approved training
TRAFFIC CONTROLLER COURSE
This program is a good entry point for those wishing to establish themselves into the traffic control/management industry
This Course provides you with the skills and knowledge to work as a Traffic Controller using a stop/slow bat or similar device.
To obtain a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training (TCWT) card, training and assessment must be carried out by a SafeWork NSW approved training provider. DTC Training is a SafeWork NSW approved training provider.
- Course runs over 3 days
- No work to take home
- No further assessment day required.
On successful completion of this Course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units below, and a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training Card:
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS205E Control traffic with a stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS206 Control traffic with portable traffic control devices and temporary traffic signs
NSW Government subsidies may apply, please check availability with us. Call 1800 795 502 or email email@example.com
Courses run regularly in Dubbo or we can come to you. Contact us for further course details by phone or our website contact page.