Traffic Management Implementer (IMP)
Nationally Recognised Training delivered by industry experts to set out, monitor and close down traffic management plans and traffic guidance schemes in civil construction. SafeWork NSW approved training.
Your learning will include:
Your learning outcomes will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to:
- Identify safety implications of traffic control at road works and personal responsibilities
- Set up, monitor and close down traffic control devices
- Operate a two-way radio correctly and effectively
- Check, clean and store equipment on completion of work and close down a TGS/TMP
- Know the basic function of the TGS/TMP system
- Locate and apply required documentation required for traffic management
and required legislation, regulations, codes and procedures.
- Adapt to all work health and safety (WHS) and operational requirements
- Use the site/location assessment, distinguish topographical landmarks and carry out authorised risk control
- Conduct an onsite check of a TGS/TMP to identify any unexpected risks/hazards
- Plan for emergencies that may arise
- Ensure spacing between signs and traffic control devices is in line with a TGS/TMP
- Understand speed, environment, type and class of vehicles, traffic density, sight lines, environmental conditions, weather patterns and surface type
- Maintain traffic incident reports
- Monitor traffic controllers
This course is commonly delivered as part of the Combo Traffic Control Course. For upcoming dates, click the button below.
SafeWork NSW Approved Training
Traffic Management Implementer
This course addresses the skills and knowledge for personnel responsible for traffic management on a site to implement a work zone traffic management plan in the immediate vicinity of a workplace.
This course does not qualify a participant to control traffic (traffic controller) with a stop/slow bat or boom gate, or to modify existing traffic management plans (traffic management plan designer). Click here for Traffic Controller training (TCR), and here for Traffic Management Plan Designer (PWZ)
To obtain a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training (TCWT) card, training and assessment must be carried out by a SafeWork NSW approved training provider. DTC Training is a SafeWork NSW approved training provider.
- Course runs over 2 days
- No work to take home
- No further assessment day required
On successful completion of this Course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the nationally recognised units below, and a SafeWork NSW Traffic Control Work Training Card.
- RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and work procedures
- RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
- RIIWHS302E Implement traffic management plan
- RIIRIS301E Apply risk management processes
- RIIWHS303 Position, set up and program portable traffic control devices
Courses run regularly in Dubbo or we can come to you. Contact us for further course details by phone or our website contact page.